Present at the MEMS Executive Congress 2011
November 2-3, Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa, California
Grenoble, France -- Bryan Hoadley, Executive Vice President of Movea, the pioneer in motion-sensing and motion-control technologies, will be moderating the first "MEMS Technology Showcase," a panel discussion where companies present a variety of the most unique and compelling MEMS-enabled applications in the marketplace. The panel will take place at MEMS Executive Congress which is organised by MEMS Industry Group (MIG). The Congress is an annual executive forum promoting the commercialisation of MEMS, and it will be held on the 2nd and 3rd of November in the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa, California.
After an extended open submissions period, seven companies were selected as finalists to showcase products that demonstrate how MEMS can enable valuable new product capabilities and enhance the user experience:
- Intel's Red Ridge: a new tablet form-factor reference design enabling OEM customers and developers to design and manufacture products using the "Medfield" platform.
- Microvision's ShowWX+: a high-brightness, handheld pico projector that lets users project images, presentations and video as large as 100 inches across from an iPhone(R), iPad(R) or laptoponto any available surface.
- Proteus Biomedical's Raisin System: combining pharmaceuticals, medical devices, telecommunications and social networking in a seamless solution.
- Recon Instruments' MOD Live: an interactive display for the world's first GPS-enabled goggles that offer real-time feedback, including speed, jump analytics, latitude/longitude, altitude, vertical distance travelled, total distance travelled, chrono/stopwatch mode, a run-counter, temperature and time.
- R0R3 Devices' MEMS-based heart-rate monitor: offering accurate heart-rate measurement for wearers engaging in periodic motion for sports and medical applications
- Sunrex's Air Mini Keyboard: an in-air remote control with integrated keyboard used by the PayTV industry for interactive TV applications and media control.
- Syride's Sys-Evo: A light and compact electronic module for surfboards.
The panel will be fast paced and product focussed. Each finalist gets five minutes to introduce their product and do a demonstration, and a winner will be selected by the audience via SMS voting.
"This showcase will provide an excellent overview of some of the incredibly innovative ways in which MEMS are now being used to deliver enhanced user experiences," Bryan Hoadley, explained. "Movea is excited to be working with MEMS Industry Group to host the panel where these groundbreaking new products will be presented. I look forward to seeing how these seven companies have risen to the challenges of delivering such creative solutions."
"We are excited to showcase the power of MEMS technologies in a wide range of consumer products and are delighted to have Movea's Hoadley moderate our first Technology Showcase," said Karen Lightman, Managing Director at MEMS Industry Group. "Our diverse group of panelists will capture the imagination by demonstrating some very unique applications of MEMS in consumer electronics and biomedical devices. This panel truly demonstrates the MEMS inside the Machine."
Further information about Movea can be found at http://www.movea.com/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
March 22, 2013|
Movea Partners w/Chip maker ST to Power STBs
Movea announced its collaboration with STMicroelectronics (ST), a leader both in silicon-based sensing solutions and systems-on-chips for home entertainment ...
August 6, 2012|
Movea Secures 6.5 Million Euros in Series C Funding Led by Intel Capital
Movea announced it has secured a new round of funding in the amount of 6.5 Million Euros led by Intel Capital, together with existing Investors iSource and GIMV ...
June 25, 2012|
Movea Collaborates with Freescale
Movea announced its collaboration with Freescale Semiconductor to integrate Movea's MotionCore motion processing software modules with Freescale's ...
April 5, 2012|
Nordic partners with Movea for motion enabled TV remote controls
Movea announced its technology partnership with Nordic Semiconductor ASA for the development of new and innovative, motion-enabled 2.4GHz RF ...
February 28, 2012|
Movea Launches MotionCore(TM) at MWC 2012
Movea announced its new MotionCore product line: a family of motion processing IP Cores designed for mobile devices. MotionCore architectures ...
February 27, 2012|
Movea's MotionCore(TM) Will Be Showcased On ST-Ericsson NovaThor(TM) Mobile Platform
Movea announced that it is working with ST-Ericsson to integrate Movea's MotionCore software modules and motion processing IP with ST-Ericsson's ...
November 1, 2011|
Movea EVP to Moderate the MEMS Technology Showcase
Bryan Hoadley, Executive Vice President of Movea, will be moderating the first "MEMS Technology Showcase," a panel discussion where companies ...